Boarder Explorer (whose blog is linked in the title) has challenged me to abide by these very difficult rules. I chaff at rules, wanting to modify them to suit my needs or taste, but the rules are the rules and must be obeyed. I have a very hard time fnding an entire album I like all the way through. This is one of the reasons I love ITunes, since it allows me to buy only the songs I love. But I will try to extrapolate from the songs I've purchased recently what albums I would currently pick. But my taste in music is pretty lopsidedly tilted toward a category that is missing in this list. So that will end up being my "if I would only have one" category pick.
1. Post your list of the seven best albums, the seven bloggers you will tag, a copy of these rules, and a link back to this page.
2. Each person tagged will put a URL to their Blogger Album Project post along with a list of the seven best albums in the comment section HERE.
3. Feel free to post the “I Contributed to the Blogger Album Project” Award Graphic on your sidebar, along with a link back to this page.
4. Post a link back to the blogger who tagged you.
But first, will someone help me find my URL and help me transport this over to here?
MY SEVEN ALBUMS:
* Latin: Moriza, Meu Fado Meu
* Blues: My blues roots go as far back as Howlin' Wolf, but when I look at my faves it's Eric Clapton, Live at the Fillmore doing Crossroads:
* Pop: And to satisfy many of my musical joneses, I give you my version of pop: Amy "trainwreck" Winehouse singing the title song form her album of the same name Love is a Losing Game
* Country: Amy Lavere's Anchors and Anvils with one song favored above all others
* Soundtracks: Randy Newman's lovely score for Pleasantville
* Folk: The McGarrigals and Rufus Wainwrigit Songs of the Civil War, and my favorite song, Hard Times Come Again No More
If I could have only one album: Diana Krall, The Girl in the Other Room
1. Dcup at Politits. Don't hate me for this. It just might be what you need right now. You never know.
2.Linda at Vulture Peak Muse, because there is more to life than visual art, though we all loves us some visual art
3. Nan, at All The Good Name Were Taken, because I want to know more.
4. Beach at Life and Times of a Carolina Parrothead, and it can't all be Jimmy Buffet
5. James our Average Patriot, because I want to know what a happy man listens to.
6. Mathman, because is is something of a mystery and I want to know what she posts and what he posts
7.Linda Sama the ageless hippie chick, because she's my sister and I want to know how related we really are--call it sibling rivalry
There are three omissions from this meme. There should be a jazz category, a rock category, and a classical category. Just saying.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I stole these maps today from Liberality. But before I found these maps at Lib's place I also found a button I had to have, and a vote I could make in favor of Unions, and a poem by Allen Ginsberg I hadn't read before. She has been remaking herself or at least the part of her self that is her blog. It is gorgeous. Go go see for yourself.