Sunday, June 29, 2008

Utah Savage Cleans House!

I'm turning off the internets for awhile, while I spruce the joint up. This will be accompanied by much bitching and moaning on my part. But actually like any major project, once it's done I will be joyous for about ten minutes. I'll probably take pictures. Than I'll get bored and start writing again.

I'm working on a post about Hillary's stickup. The negotiating going on over her campaign debt is like a mugging. It's really pissing me off. Yesterday, while I was waiting in line to be checked out at the grocery store, I spied the new Vanity Fair, the one with Angelina Jolie on the cover, in all her womanly lusciousness talking about pregnant sex with Brad, and impulsively I bought it. Just because I was bored for a nanosecond, and Vanity Fair is highbrow tabloid material masquerading as journalism for the intellectual interested in big name gossip.

But the big story in the new Vanity Fair is the story on Bill Clinton. More on that later, for now I will dust.

4 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Go for it, Utah. Sometimes it just feels good to have a clean house! I think I'll go change the sheets and do some laundry...you've inspired me.

Unknown said...

I'm getting my house ready for my mother's visit after the fourthe weekend. Ugh. It's going very slowly. Yesterday was a bastard and today I'm still recovering. I got squat done. At least the floor on my side of the room is cleared of stuff. That makes me feel better.

Regarding VF: it used to be a good magazine for short story fiction and poetry. Do they still have those features? I haven't picked up an issue in years. I honestly don't remember anything else about the mag except that it was always slick.

Utah Savage said...

Yes Pagan, they do publish short fiction and excepts from books, but always by well known writers. This Month's excerpt is from the New James Bond Novel. Strictly for the guys, I'm guessing.

DivaJood said...

Does Vanity Fair have anything about swamp coolers?