Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another Award to Pass Along, Thanks Naj


Naj from Neo-Resistance has honored me with this award. I'm sorry that it took me so long to discover its existence. I have been avoiding my short stories. In fact I have been avoiding most writing. I'm in the avoidance phase of editing. Some people call it
"Writer's Block," but in reality it's more a blank space when all ideas go away. I'm in that dormant phase of the creative process. I'll get over this soon and then I'll wow you with my razzle dazzle once again. But for the moment (in my case a moment could be years) I'll be roaming da blogs stealing good ideas from all of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And just so I don't have to do it when I rip you off--I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll be sorry for the rest of my days. Because, I'm guilty, oh yes I'm guilty, and I'll be guilty for the rest of my life.... Because I never do the things I'm supposed to do...

Randy Newman tells the story of how an old writer feels when he runs out of material and finds he's dead...

Here is Randy Newman's take on Writing

I pass this award along to:
Randal Graves
Dcup
Diva Jood,
Linda Sama
Frieda Bee
Beach Bum

8 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

oh my, Ms. Savage, thank you so much! hey, I love getting this stuff but I'm bummed no one ever named me Rockin' Girl Blogger, but I already know I am, so WTF....

and I answered your tag, so check me out...

hugs to you old girl....
L

Unknown said...

You won't find much to steal at my place. ;)

A fine group o blogs you list here m'dear Utah.

Randal Graves said...

Now there's nothing wrong with stealing, I do it all the time. I just make it better.

Yes, I'm selling bridges, why do you ask?

I would classify writer's block as having ideas, but not knowing what to do with them. The absence of ideas is far worse.

You da chick, man. Merci.

Linda-Sama said...

feel free to "follow me" in my sidbar, sis!

DivaJood said...

Oh, my lord, you've been busy. I'm honored that you think I'm deserving -- especially since I've been so out of the loop the last four weeks - but back.

Thanks, I will get to this.

Unconventional Conventionist said...

Steal like there's no tomorrow! It's fun!

Freida Bee said...

Dear Utah- I am deeply honored by your thinking of me here, particularly with such a fine crowd. I have mixed feelings about the writers' block thing because it seems I have my strongest urges to write when I'm in my most angst-ridden times. Peacefulness vs. creativity. It's a hard choice to make and an even harder balance to strike for me. I definitely go through phases and then every once in a while someone like Gov. Palin comes along and presto, fodder for angst.

Much love your way.

(Oh, and I've another award and a meme from people on this list, so I'd better get busy with it.)

Commander Zaius said...

Just getting here, sorry I'm late. But thanks for the award. Steal away anything of mine that catches your eye.