Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Diva & Madame NJNRR Have Tagged Me For Tunes

One thing you can be sure of is that this meme will be coming to a blog near you. I have to do something first, but believe me I'm looking forward to composing this particular meme thingy. If you want to start bitching at the man responsible for it, see Randal. But here is a small taste for you Randal you bastard, and you Diva, my darling friend and you, resourceful expat you, Madame NJNRR

Amy Lavere, Killing Him
Diana Krall, The Look of Love
Bill Evans Trio, Emily
Nina Simone, Ne Me Quitte Pas
Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues
Miles Davis, So What
Keith Jarrett Trio, My Funny Valentine
Herbie Hancock, Cantelope Island
Tom Waits, Temptation
Madeleine Payroux and K.D.Lang, River
John Coltrane Quintet & Eric Dolphy, Impressions
Randy Newman, You Can Leave Your Hat On
Diana Krall, Let's Fall In Love
Bill Evans Trio, Elsa
Etta James, At Last
The bonus with At Last is the lovely visage of Audrey Hepburn in the video
Bill Evans, My Foolish Heart
Amy Lavere, Pointless Drinking
Fiona Apple, Criminal

So I didn't do 25, so what (which happens to be one of my tunes). At least I linked mine.

Now the fun part--spreading this musical virus.

I Tag:
Enigma4ever
DK Read
Ghost Dansing
Okjimm
E, the StarSpangledHaggis

6 comments:

Randal Graves said...

I always knew whining would pay off.

Hey, the link is incorrect. It's some blogger create-a-post thingie, not some sultry jazz gig. Of course, when I click on it, blogger signs me off, so perhaps they're merely broken.

Utah Savage said...

I'll fix that, thanks, you bast... Oh, never mind.

Randal Graves said...

Feel free to call me a bastard as I don't dispute having earned that moniker time and again.

I could link to all my stuff, but not all of my stuff is probably on YouTube and if it is, it's in an extra distorted cell phone recording and thus all the nuance of pummeling power chords is lost upon the listener.

Utah Savage said...

Sounds like a slacker answer to me.

DivaJood said...

Poor okjimm and DK - I tagged them when I tagged you. Does this mean they need to come up with 50 songs?

DivaJood said...

And Amy LaVere is terrific.