Monday, October 27, 2008

My Email to Rachel Maddow

I used to be a fan of Keith's. I even set my Ichat to say I was "Unavailable, Watching Keith." Oh I still like Keith. But I used to love him. He was mine and many of the bloggers I visit also claimed Keith was theirs. It's looked like maybe the female bloggers were going to have a blog off to claim Keith. I first noticed you as a guest on C Matthews, then more and more often a regular on Keith's show. I started sending MSNBC email begging them to give you a show. Once I saw them put you on a panel with Morning Joe, who was so incredibly rude and dismissive to you I wanted to slap the @#$@! out of him. Sadly I could not reach through the screen or he'd have been on his back wondering what hit him. It was the incredible arrogance of a man who thinks he 's the smartest guy in the world but has just discovered that the little lady has him beat by miles. Pat Buchannon does that same kind of thing. And I know no one wants to tell them to shut up, since they are talking over you, as this might look condescending to you. Anyway, I love your show so much, Keith's not so important in my life anymore. Oh yeah, I still love him. I always watch. But once a night is just fine. But as I have said on my blog, Utah Savage, Watching Rachel once is nice, but twice is better. It's not just cheerleading. There are many female bloggers out here who have professed our love for Keith for at least the last year. Now we all want to claim you as our real and only true love. Most of us are women with husbands, children and even pets. But we loves us some Rachel. (I'm the prettiest)

I have one small complaint. Please call your old, and I mean Old, uncle Pat once a month or so if you must. But please, please, never have the old mummy on your show again. He's every bit as big a blowhard as Morning Joe, only Pat's embalmed isn't he?

Love your show,
Peggy Pendleton
Aka Utah Savage

14 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

ha! that's good, Ms. Savage! yeah, I watch Rachel, but Keith is still my man....

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Count me as a new fan. Now let me leave a trail of string so I can find my way back here again.....

SaoirseDaily2 said...

I couldn't have written that better. I fell in love with her listening to her on Air America. I love her intelligence and thoughfulness. I rush home now just so I can watch her show. I still love Keith too, so I watch both. No life, you see.

Randal Graves said...

Issue number one....PAT BUCHANAN!

FREDDY THE BEETLE BARNES!

Politrickal shows get in the way of a good sporting event.

Nan said...

I've actually been thinking about upgrading our cable so we could get MSNBC -- and Rachel's the reason.

Kulkuri said...

We don't get MSNBC, but if we did, those two shows would the only ones to watch on that channel.

Used to listen to Rachel Maddow on Air America via the intertubes.

Mauigirl said...

I adore Rachel too. I watch both her and Keith.

Dave Dubya said...

Love Rachel. She ever so deftly puts old cranky Pat back in his box .

sitenoise said...

I like the Rachel/Pat duo for two reasons, one, it's a perfect picture of a/b, and two, Pat, unlike most "righties", seems to speak from his heart, not a party line. I don't have to agree with it, but I find his humanity refreshing over robots who speak shit I have a hard time believing they believe.

Utah Savage said...

Well, finally a comment from Sitenoise. Hi darling. Well, once again we come to blows. Pat may be speaking from his heart, but he's a Nixonian at heart. He acts like the "little lady" needs to be put in her place--possibly because she's the one with the show. Just saying...

Anonymous said...

I love Rachel. I'm so glad she's on TV now.

And Dave W - and she does so with a smile. :-) Gotta love her.

Hale McKay said...

Remember Keith's hit, 98.6, back in the 60s?

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel - Utah is right. Many of us yearn for you, but she is the prettiest.

Love,
DCup

Utah Savage said...

Dcup, finally someone reminds us all what really matter here. Yes, I am.