Monday, January 5, 2009

As I Contemplate My First Year of Blogging

While I try to sum up what this past year has meant to me, my first year as a blogger, I went looking through the archived posts, and saw an unfinished draft here and there. But the one that caught my eye and wouldn't let go, was the one titled Lush Life. It has been lush in a Spartan sort of way. I didn't know what a blog was when I began this a year ago tomorrow. I had no computer skills--I used my computer as a Word Processor and storage space for the novel I was working on. I was often at war with my computer. I thought I hated computers in general. I saw it as a temperamental machine. It pissed me off mightily when it didn't do what I asked or needed it to do. So as I think about this change in my attitude and the change in my life that the blogging experience has been for me, I give you one more of my favorite Jazz performers playing one of my favorite Jazz pieces.

7 comments:

Ghost Dansing said...

i'm glad you took the time and take the time to do your blog because i like to read it..... i thought you were mainly into hip hop music!

Utah Savage said...

First big laugh of the day, darling. How is it you know me so well.

Commander Zaius said...

I'm also glad you took the time to tame the "temperamental machine". The blogging experience started out for me as a way to kill time while working third shift but did and does help me to clear the clutter from my mind.

lisahgolden said...

More musical goodness! I love what blogging has brought into my life. Including you.

Suzi Riot said...

So is it your blogiversary? Congrats! You've really come far and I can't wait to see how much farther you go. You never fail to surprise me, move me, or make me laugh.

SaoirseDaily2 said...

Lisa is so right. Blogging has given me the outlet I needed also. And the bonus is meeting and getting to know great people like yourself and others. Your blog is one of my favorites. So with that being said...

***Happy Blogversary to you***

Utah Savage said...

Oh darling, this is just the foreplay. I'm milking it for all it's worth.