Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mint In My Garden


I'm now finally able to drink my favorite beverage--fresh mint tea. This is the patch at the edge of the two steps up to my driveway. This is the time of year I really get my hydrating cleanse on. Mint tea hot, mint tea iced, mint tea mixed with Earl Grey, milky and sweet. I put mint in salads. And when I walk through it as it's everywhere in my garden, it smells great. Dogs come into the house fragrant with the scent of mint. I realize I will never be able to plant a garden where I get a bit of sun because the mint will overtake it in no time at all. I have spearmint, peppermint, and lemon mint.

5 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

last year i had chocolate mint..it was soooo good..

susan said...

Nice images both in photo and written form. I love mint.. and you can grow chocolate mint patties? Where do I find the seeds?

Neither Here Nor There said...

Wish I had your green thumb? But then again, nothing really grows in the Georgia clay. But will gladly attempt chocolate mint if you get the seeds? Or do I have to go and start with regular mints?

Utah Savage said...

YDG you now have my readers thinking I grow chocolate Mint. Chocolate mint patties are great. Sadly I have no seeds for them since they are made not grown.

Utah Savage said...

NHNT, I don't really have a green thumb. And we have clay here too. My soil is very poor, so whatever grows I leave alone. The mint grows in any soil and will take over a garden a bit like Kudzu. It will strangle everything in its path. But unlike kudzu, you can make a great tea from mint. And it's a very pretty green.