Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Olbermann Earns Pulitzer

Keith Olbermann has been delivering Special Comments for a long time now and every time I hear him do it I worry that he will be fired, or that he will disappear--maybe to Gitmo or worse. But tonight was maybe his best. He usually brings me to tears with his courage. But tonight I share his sputtering horrified outrage at the stupidity at the President, who gave an interview and said that he'd "given up golf in honor of the sacrifice of our troops and their families." And Olbermann has footage of the President playing gold at another course several months after the day on the links when he had his epiphany that it would be a good idea to give up golf for the troops. Holy shit!

3 comments:

Swinebread said...

Good news! Good for him! I hoe he keeps it up!

Bob Keller said...

Pulitzer? Hell, Olbermann might just win one. It could happen.

But personally I find him to be an egomanical, politically deranged jerk. His obsession with Bill O'Reilly is, well, scary. I think he needs to go into treatment. But that's just me.

As to Bush.... I just don't even know where to begin. I'll just let Mr. Olbermann's rant tonight stand.

DivaJood said...

I'm hopeful Olbermann does win a Pulitzer. However, I'm still reeling at the audacity of Bush equating his golf game with the horrors of war.