Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Well, One Thing Led to Another...

I was trying to find a few of my favorite songs by Etta James and this one, You Can Leave Your Hat On, has always been a favorite of mine. I met Joe Cocker in Santa Barbara--he was friends with a friend of... I like Joe Cocker, but I like Etta's version of You Can Leave Your Hat On better.

But then in the searching For Etta's version, I came across this. And it reminded me that I am a woman who likes hats. Yes I do. I like women and men who wear hats. This might account for the few number of friends of either sex I have. It isn't a requirement that everybody wear hats, but if you live in a place with snowy, freezing winters, and blistering hot summers and you don't wear a hat now and the, will you're just stupid. And you probably look nothing like Cary Grant. Damn.

11 comments:

Ghost Dansing said...

fedoras are kewl....

Randal Graves said...

But then I'd get hat hair. Though top hats are cool. I should get one.

Utah Savage said...

So, Randal, your hair is so lovely you're worried about hat hair? In winter? In Cincinnati?

yellowdoggranny said...

Etta can't sing a bad song..but then nether can Joe...and Cary Grant? They don't come any better with or without the hat. I on the other hand, have one of those 'pinheads' and look hysterical in a hat...can't even pull off a scarf.

La Belette Rouge said...

Cary Grant could leave anything on or off that he liked and I would be just fine with it. I LOVE Cary!

Utah Savage said...

YDG, Yes, I loves me some Cary Grant, hat on or off.

La Belette Rouge, There is so much more to Cary Grant than just his beauty. There is his charm, his wit, his sensitivity, his vulnerability and strength. He was fantasy daddy material for me once upon a time. Same thing with Fred Astaire.

La Belette Rouge said...

I love that Cary was so interested in philosophy. He always wore a necklace that had a charm that symbolized each of his ex-wives spiritual life. Also, he did 100's of LSD trips with a psychoanalyst on his quest for self knowledge. He was indeed more than a pretty face. Le sigh.

lisahgolden said...

Oh, thank you. Cary Grant before bed? Perfect.

Commander Zaius said...

One of my favorite movies of Cary Grant's is "Operation Petticoat". The dude is serious coolness.

Linda-Sama said...

love Etta. one of her songs was one of my fave songs in my Blogger Album Project

Pyzahn said...

With you love for Etta, I thought you might like a new guy I just heard. Well, he's new to me, but since he's nominated for a couple grammy's, he's obviously not new to the world of music.

His name is Raphael Saadiq. His nominations are under R&B, but I think he's more soul. You can hear his music at:

raphaelsaadiq.com
myspace.com/raphaelsaadiq

If you listen, let me know what you think.
prattlefromtheflatlands.blogspot.com