Thursday, October 23, 2008

While You're Waiting


I've been taking some photos of the yard. It is the most spectacular time of year in my little world. I really am snugged in back here. Even when the leaves fall and all the bushes are naked I will still have a wall of high- altitude Asian Bamboo along the western fence. The gates are locked and there are BEWARE OF DOG signs posted front and back. In my forest are some very tall pines, so even in the worst of winter I will have bits of green. The Halls Honeysuckle keeps some green leaves. Even the mint will winter- over bright green under a coat of snow if the temperature's not too terribly cold. But for now, it's lovely and changing day by day as the nights grow colder. Have a look.

5 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Sherry Pasquarello said...

that is TOO cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I love the one with the stepping stones.

D.K. Raed said...

You live in a fairytale cottage in the midst of a magical woods!

Utah Savage said...

I'm a lucky old woman. I actually have the space to build another cottage that would be as private and secluded as this one, but I don't have the money to do it. Shit I don't have the money to pay my property taxes.