Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Huge Green Ash Tree Turns Gold


The single gold leaf is on the glass roof of the sunroom in the little house. The photographs of the Green Ash tree are taken aiming my camera straight up. This tree is the first to turn color in the fall and loses all its leaves in a two day period. And after one day of wind it looks like the photo in the bottom right. I have a forest in my urban back yard. The leaf raking is nearly endless. It's always a race to get the leaves up before the snow falls.

4 comments:

lisahgolden said...

Oh, Peggy! So beautiful! I love the photo of the leaf on the window.

Hi. Miss you. This is me on busy and depression.

Utah Savage said...

I've missed you too. I looked in on you today and found that you are in a hell of a mess. I couldn't bring myself to comment. I'd be in the psych ward if my posts got lost in the ozone. I was trying to get Ms M to show me how to make a picture of myself look like your avatar but I was just shocked to find that you'd lost it all. Holy crap. That would really do me in. I sure hope it's all there.

Randal Graves said...

Lovely shots. Few things are more worthy of visual immortality than a tree.

At least cut and paste was still available, no thanks to the assholes at The Google.

Laura said...

Breath taking. :)
((Hugs))
Laura